Robot Progress

Yesterday Colum and I made some real progress towards getting our robot working.

We picked up the few electronics parts we needed and got to work on the newly built workbench in the garage. I soldered together a motor controller board and Colum put our motor gear boxes together.

it took us about 1 hour to get to the point where we could put it all together and load a test program to see that the motors and board were working. And they were!

Next steps are to get a secondary higher voltage DC power supply for the motors rather than use what power we can pull from the USB connection. That will give the motors enough juice to get up to full speed. I can also start programming the micro-controller with something useful to allow the computer to communicate with the board, motors and eventually sensors.