I was about to write a blog post about how 2017 was one of the least dramatic years, but then skimmed through my past 12 months of blog posts and realized just how much did happen.
We didn’t move, or have another baby. However, these are some of the highlights:
- Ada started school!
- I learned to sail a keel boat, and got my marine radio licence
- We got a new car
- I finally went to a Python conference (in Montreal)
- I hacked on a couple of fun personal software projects – fosterous & stock investing twitter bot, youtube video creation
- I tried my luck at Forex trading
- I rode the wave of crypto-currency
- I almost lost a tooth
- I completed 5, 5-day fasts this year
- I travelled to San Francisco twice
- We vacationed to Newfoundland
- I managed to keep a daily journal habit
- Halloween trip to Mount Tremblant
- Weekend trip to Prince Edward County
- Gave up alcohol for 6 months
So, while 2017 lacked any major life-changing events, it was jam packed with living life to the fullest.