Over the past month, it has been the most hectic and crazy period in recent memory. We have been slowly moving everything out of our old house and into the new one, while at the same time, ripping out and building a new kitchen, painting all the walls, trimming the trees, cleaning the gutters, assembling cabinets and living out of boxes.
For inexplicable reasons, I feel compelled to do as much of the work myself as I possibly can. It’s a habit that I need to try and break. Moving with a u-haul was a mistake and trying to disassemble, lift, pack, drive, unpack and re-assemble all of our furniture was too much to try and do ourselves.
The kitchen is coming together. It’s not ready for Pinterest just yet, but I’m happy with what we’re building so far. Counter tops should get installed sometime in the next 2 weeks, and then it’ll be a functional space. Until then, things will be a bit of a work site, and trying to live with half finished spaces.
On the long and growing list of project to tackle are:
- Getting an arborist/permits to cut down two massive trees in the front yard
- re-build my home office workspace
- Get rid of the squirrels that live in the attic
- downsize the furniture that wont’ fit in the new house
- decorate the new rooms
- install flooring on the main floor
- replace the toilet
- upgrade all the electrical outlets
- finish the kitchen – backsplash, patching, painting
- organise the crawlspace/storage
- fix doorframe
- spray foam the windows and doors
- paint the bedrooms
- pressure wash the driveway
- get the junk out of the garage
- install all new baseboards
- find and install a new dining room light fixture
- buy a new refrigerator
- get ontario hydro to trim trees on power lines
So much to do.